Counselling & Psychotherapy
I am a Humanistic and Integrative, BACP accredited counsellor and psychotherapist. I have worked with individuals and couples since 2005. I have previously worked as a hospice bereavement counsellor as well as an NHS psychotherapist.
I trained in mindfulness as a Theravada Buddhist monk and I have over 30 years mindfulness practice. I also certified as a trainer in Nonviolent Communication (NVC) in 2005 and use this with individuals and groups.
I work with a wide range of issues and specialise in trauma, anxiety, depression and bereavement. I offer short and longer-term work – the latter allows more time and space for deeper healing of childhood issues.
I offer a reflective space where I work with acceptance and a non-judgemental attitude, to support you to be with whatever challenges and difficulties you may be facing. As I orient to stillness, I offer my presence as an anchor to guide you deeper into an awareness of your inner experience. I help you to stay with this and what you meet there, so as to empower you and to allow for understanding and insight to arise. I stay present to your emerging needs, in a way that allows you to connect to them more fully and so explore how best to meet them. I meet you and your issues with empathy, understanding and compassion.
I am an accredited member of British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to their code of ethics.
Training & Qualifications
- Embodied Dance Journey Facilitator (2015-2017, The Dancing Heart Path – Guy Barrington)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative & Humanistic Counselling (2009-11, Dartmoor Centre for Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- Certified Trainer in Non-Violent Communication (NVC) (2001-05, CNVC.org)
- Certificate in Focusing Skills (2001)
- Foundation in Core Process Psychotherapy (1998-99, Karuna Institute)
- Over 30 Years Mindfulness Practice, also Co-Facilitator of Mindfulness Courses for Devon Recovery Learning Community (2014)
- Trainer in NVC (Nonviolent Communication), working with individuals and small groups (2005 – current)
- 12 Years – Torbay Social Services, Emergency Duty Service, providing mediation, conflict resolution and crisis support for families in need, as well as supporting individuals with mental health issues (2002-14)
- Bereavement Counsellor, Rowcroft Hospice – Torquay (2010-13)
- NHS Psychotherapist for Devon Partnership Trust – Torquay (2009-11)
- Facilitator of Trauma Skills Training for Counsellors – Battiacaloa, Sri Lanka (2005-07)
- Co-Founder of Floatation & Complementary Health Centre – Exeter (1996-98)
- Buddhist Monk, Thai Forrest Tradition, Mindfulness Training – English Sangha Trust (1988-95)
Tel: 07470 072342