Hours: 7.5 hours per week on a Friday (with occasional cover on other days in the week as needed)
Pay: £8.34 per hour
Closing date: 5.30pm on Tuesday 22nd January
Interview dates: Friday 25th January or during week beginning 28th January
Start date: February
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our team at the Centre for Whole Health. Applicants should be confident working with the public and should have excellent organisation and communication skills along with good IT skills. Knowledge of complementary health and the philosophy of the centre would be an advantage along with some flexibility to cover additional hours as and when.
Please send your CV with a covering letter outlining your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for an informal chat 07714487474
Purpose of the job:
To provide high quality reception services to patients and therapists and to supply information to all people using the centre. Dealing with day to day enquiries via the phone, face to face and by email
Role and Responsibilities
- Welcoming visitors to the centre and assisting them in making appointments and ensuring their comfort.
- Giving correct information regarding therapist rates, procedures and bookings
- Maintaining and managing a calendar of appointments, including cancelling and re-booking patients, calling them when they are late or have not shown up. Phoning clients who need to pay cancellation fees
- Liaising with therapists both face to face and via the phone to up-date them on changes to appointments and bookings
- Answering the telephone, checking incoming emails and responding/dealing with messages and enquires
- Amending and emailing a new patient initial letter, with information regarding their appointments and recording patient contact details
- Texting appointment reminders to clients
- Monitoring visitor access and maintaining security awareness
- Induction of all new Therapists to the centre, ensuring the correct information has been received and explaining the centres policies and procedures.
- Working closely with Therapists to ensure the smooth running of their practice and ensuring all administrative duties are carried out.
- Taking payment and issuing change, overseeing therapist daily floats.
- Taking calls from people enquiring about potential hall or therapy room bookings.
- Undertaking banking procedures and other monetary tasks as and when
- Ordering and restocking supplies for the centre café.
- Supporting the good presentation of the rooms, getting them ready for each therapist, ensuring the rooms are comfortable, clean and warm/cool as required.
- Dealing efficiently with lost property
- Keeping notice boards up-to-date and nicely presented
- Ensuring the kitchen area is kept clean and tidy and rubbish and recycling is dealt with
- Communicating with the coordinator, reading and keeping the communication book up-to-date and attending a team meeting twice a year
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of and orientation of the philosophy of the centre, representing this in a positive way
Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, therapists, clients and visitors
Excellent verbal, written, IT and communication skills; considerable knowledge of English, spelling and punctuation, office practices and procedures
Ability to organize efficiently documents and routinely update information in the appointment diary
Flexibility in responding courteously to immediate needs of visitors and callers; ability to establish priorities and maintain productivity despite numerous interruptions
Provide excellent customer service
Organizing and planning, attention to detail and using initiative
Reliability and commitment to the role